kittyjack

Saturday, July 31, 2004

Secret Pal 2: Electric Boogaloo

Yay, I got my match!! Thanks for all the hard work Heidi! Unfortunately my pal doesn't have a website so I can't check out her site for hints on what to get her but I did send her an e-mail, hopefully she'll give me some clues! OK - I'd better stop talking about it before I give it away, I'm so bad at keeping secrets!

I haven't done any knitting in the last few days but I am feeling better today! Last night we went out to dinner with friends and had a really yummy meal - I really just ate way too much.

Here's the status on my swimming lessons - I missed one class this week because I didn't feel well and I have two classes left next week before it's over. I still can't swim. I didn't think it would be easy but I did think I'd be a little closer to making it across the pool without stopping at this point. I'm getting worried that you really can't teach an old dog new tricks (I know that's not true but I'm frustrated today). Include my driving lessons (have I mentioned that I don't know how to drive yet? Yes, I'm 34 years old, woo!) and I feel like I can't do anything.

I'm feeling really lazy this morning so I think I'll make myself take a walk and get an iced coffee - it's going to be a hot day in Boston today.

3 Comments:

  • I too have a blogless buddy but s/he did send a response to my intro and inquiry and all is well in the universe here. I hope the same for you.

    And yes, I'm an hour and a few minutes outside of Boston and it's beyond miserable. We've had the air on constantly the past couple days because it's so warm even at night that it's just not worth it to turn it off and deal with the humidity too. Bah! But come January we're going to be complaining that it's too cold. Welcome to New England :-D

    By Blogger trackingprojectbackpack, at 10:08 PM  

  • My secret pal doesn't have a blog either, but I got a response via email as well... my fingers are crossed that you get the same.

    Also, I didn't learn to drive until I was 29. I am 31 now, and may well be done with it. While I am glad I can drive someone to the hospital in an emergency, I just didn't enjoy it like I expected. I would love to hear how it is going for you.

    I never learned to swim in swimming lessons. Too much pressure. For me, the clincher was feeling comfortable floating, so one day, in shallow river water, I practiced holding my breath and bobbing to the surface. Once I trusted the water to hold me, moving my arms and legs wasn't too big a leap. But I needed that "quiet time" to get it. Good luck, and don't give up!

    By Blogger chelsea, at 9:58 AM  

  • You guys are my first two comments EVER! It's so exciting, thanks for posting. I did receive a response from my secret pal and now have ideas on what to get her. It still might be tough but not as hard as I thought.

    By Blogger Jackie, at 2:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home