kittyjack

Friday, September 24, 2004

Knit-along confessions

I love seeing all the Knitalongs pop up in the blog world but I never want to knit the actual item chosen. I thought I wanted to join the Lara knitalong since the Debbie Bliss alpaca silk is so pretty but the actual sweater does nothing for me. At first I thought it was cute, but now, ehh. I'm too shy, lame, whatever, to start my own knitalong - and lots of times I don't see a knit along exists until it's too late and it's over.

I guess my point in all this is that it would be nice to knit something I really liked at the same time other people are doing it. I know zero knitters in real life and feel a bit left out. All the S 'n Bs people go to and the all the "community" things people do seem like so much fun yet I'm too chicken to join in. I went to the Boston Knit out and wandered around by myself wishing I knew someone, anyone there and could hang out for a bit. Wow, I'll shut up now because I sound like a big baby.

I wish I knew how to drive, I'd love to go to Rhinebeck. I saw on their website that Brooks farm is going to be there and I would KILL for some of their yarn - I was able to see a skein of their mohair blend and it was fucking awesome.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home